Regional sector update 12 February 2021
12 February 2021
Sadly we commence our update with an acknowledgement of the death of Mark Berge. Mark passed away suddenly on Sunday at the age of 62. Mark was a close friend of Sport Wellington and a prominent sports administrator in our region. Marks passion was swimming and there are many individuals and clubs who benefitted from Marks leadership and support both regionally and nationally. Sport Wellington would like to offer our condolences on behalf of Wellington's physical activity community. Read Mark's obituary.
This newsletter focuses on connecting across our region and sharing ways you can help ensure everyone has the opportunity to get active and has a quality experience doing so.
Click on the links below to go straight to that feature:
- Seeking Play applications for Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa
- Living Well resources for our region are now LIVE
- Bikes in Schools: best thing ever for Porirua
- Reimaging our streets and spaces in the Hutt
- Read Recreation Aotearoa's latest insights into Youth and Wellbeing
- Catch up with the latest from Balance is Better
- Opportunities to get active in your community
- Hire our new Hydration Station for your next event
- Greater Wellington Regional Council updates
- Sport NZ updates
- Connect with our Wairarapa team at their new office