New changes to the administration of KiwiSport make it easier than ever to apply
5 August 2019
Projects which meet the KiwiSport criteria can now apply for up to $10,000 as part of a newly introduced ‘Fast Fund’ process, rather than having to wait for the traditional 3-4 funding rounds per year.
Sport Wellington have introduced the ‘Fast Fund’ which as of August 5th 2019, will always be open for applications up to $10,000 and will have a one stage process which is done online.
For the traditional KiwiSport funding rounds, Sport Wellington have also changed the way they administer the fund – making it easier for applicants to understand and to apply for.
Funding round 23, which opens on 5 August has incorporated the changes and simplified the application form. The funding round is open until 29 August.
The changes are designed to reduce the administrative burden of the current model whilst still having the appropriate checks and balances in place to ensure that the projects are meeting the KiwiSport criteria.
These changes were informed by background research and conversations by Sport Wellington with other grant providers over the last couple of months. These include NZCT, Councils, Government agencies and other Regional Sport Trusts. Sport Wellington also engaged with some previous KiwiSport applicants (successful and unsuccessful) to get their feedback on what is working well and what isn’t from their perspective.
The changes are being phased in with the intention they then remain in place until 31 December 2020. Sport Wellington will monitor the effectiveness of the changes.
The priorities for KiwiSport investment are:
- Quality experiences with the three approaches incorporated
- Locally led delivery, insights and physical literacy
- Low participation groups / communities
- Increased focus on 12-18 year olds
- Coaching – Quality & Quantality
- Quality Intra and Inter-school sport
- Skill Development and Confidence Building
- Family and Community Engagement (particularly in low participation groups)
- Innovative approaches for females (10-18 years) participating in activities that meets their needs
For more information visit www.sportwellington.org.nz/support-and-development/kiwisport or contact Jamie Leith, KiwiSport Advisor on email@example.com