Khandallah Tennis & Squash Club- Club Manager
The Khandallah Tennis and Squash Club was established in 1899. It is a highly respected, family orientated, community-based tennis and squash club with approximately 350 tennis and squash members. The Club is nestled in the heart of Khandallah and boasts four squash courts, seven tennis courts and a range of additional facilities including kitchen, lounge, bar, changing rooms and sauna.
The Club Manager will be the front face of the club and will also take ownership of the long-term growth plans and strategic opportunities for the club. This is a broad role and one that will offer plenty of variety and challenge.
The club is already well on the way to implementing new technology to increase organisational streamlining and efficiency. The Club Manager will pick this up, as well as scope and plan new opportunities for the club to further revolutionise systems and processes. The Club Manager will have a significant opportunity to promote the club internally and externally with one of our priorities being retention of existing members and expansion of the membership base.
You will need to have a keen eye for marketing, sponsorship and community initiatives, whilst identifying new business opportunities which will benefit members and enhance the Club's bottom-line performance. There is plenty of room to innovate and make this role your own.
The Club Manager will be responsible to the Club President and work closely with the Management Committee.
Key skills and attributes include:
• previous experience in managing an office (preferably for a sports club)
• high degree of professionalism, strong management and prioritisation skills, sound judgment and business acumen
• strong and effective communication skills to support member and 3rd party queries that contribute to a great club experience
• excellent interpersonal skills to welcome, and introduce prospective members to the club – both in person and for online/phone enquiries
• proven ability to work independently, efficiently, creatively and to deadlines
• being an opportunity spotter for funding streams such as grants, sponsorship and other revenue gathering activities
• representing the club as the “place to meet” for our sporting partners, and community stakeholders
• managing contractors, vendors and other 3rd party organisations to get the job done on the Club’s behalf
• IT literacy including the ability to quickly pick up, and use proficiently, club membership systems, Microsoft Office Suite, updating website, social media and publications
• good understanding of the effects of immediate and long-term revenue and expenditure requirements on the Club
• demonstrating initiative/problem solving/being solution focused
• Bar Manager's licence is a condition of employment. (If one is not already held, a licence application will be supported by the Club)
• eligibility le to work in New Zealand with Permanent Residency status
• current and clean driver's licence is required
Additional information about the club is available on our website www.ktsc.org.nz.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for please forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter to the Club President, Greg Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to contact Greg if you have any questions.
Note that applications for this role close on Friday 5th March, 2021.
Listing a vacancy
If you have a sport and active recreation, health, or wellbeing focused vacancy in the greater Wellington region that you would like to advertise on this page, please email the relevant details to email@example.com
Remember to include the close-off date for applications.