Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa
The first Open Funding Round for Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa is now closed. The Fast Fund is still accepting applications.
Sport Wellington is proud to be managing Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa on behalf of Sport NZ in our region. Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa provides funding for programmes or projects delivering play, active recreation, and sport experiences for tamariki and rangatahi. These may be new or already operating.
We know from research that there are some groups who are more at risk of missing out or being less active, including those living with a disability, in higher deprivation communities, and girls and young women. Programmes or projects that reach these groups will be prioritised for funding.
We welcome applications from a wide range of groups and organisations from late August 2020.
$1,425,425 of the fund will be available in the greater Wellington region, to be managed and distributed by Sport Wellington on Sport NZ’s behalf.
This money will be distributed in a series of funding rounds over the next 12 months. Please note that your application must be for a programme or project for up to 12 months (i.e. you cannot apply for costs past a 12-month delivery period).
The guidelines, eligibility and priorities for the Open and Fast Funding Rounds are the same.
Open Funding Rounds
There will be three Open Funding Rounds for applications.The Open Funding Rounds are assessed by the Tu Manawa Active Aotearoa Community Decision Making Panel (more information coming soon).
There is no maximum amount organisations can apply for. Applicants can expect to be notified of their application outcome within 3 weeks of the Funding Round close date.
|Fund type||Open date||Close date|
|Open Fund - Round One||24 August 2020||28 September 2020|
|Open Fund - Round Two||26 October 2020*||30 November 2020*|
|Open Fund - Round Three||11 January 2020*||15 February 2021*|
* Exact open and close dates may be subject to change.
Fast Funding Rounds
The Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa ‘Fast-Fund’ has the same purpose, priority groups, and requirements as the Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Open Funding Rounds – the difference between the ‘Fast-Fund’ and the traditional Funding Rounds are how the respective funding streams are administered:
- The maximum amount of Funding that can be requested through the Fast-Fund is $10,000.
- Fast-Fund applications will be assessed by an internal Sport Wellington assessment panel.
- The Fast-Fund is open year round; each round will open at the start of each calendar month, and close at the end of each calendar month, with applicants being notified of their application outcome shortly after.
- The first Fast-Fund will open 1 September 2020, with the last round opening 1 May 2021 (unless all Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Funding is distributed prior to this date).
Please use the diagram below to see if you are eligible to apply.
If you want to apply but do not have legal status, we recommend you consider partnering with a qualifying (legal) entity.
Examples of who can apply:
Examples of who cannot apply:
This is an activation fund to help cover programme or service delivery costs. This includes costs of:
- Programme or project delivery (e.g. venue or equipment hire, transport to event)
- Equipment (as part of a programme or project)
- Officials, where these are required for the delivery
- Delivery staff wages (e.g. activity leader, coordinator)
Please read the following information and watch the videos below to understand everything you need to know about Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa before applying:
- Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Community Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- In-school / Kura setting form
Tū Manawa overview
View the slides from this presentation.
Tū Manawa Healthy Active Learning national workforce kōrero
Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Latest Updates 16 September
View the slides from this presentation.
We will be scheduling further public webinars and forums in the coming weeks to provide you with more information about the fund and offer you the opportunity to ask questions. Follow us on Facebook and sign up to our weekly Regional Sector Update newsletter to ensure you don't miss an announcement.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before starting your application, refer to page 8 of the Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Community Guidelines to see an overview of the application process, and page 10 to find out what information you will need to include on the application form.
We also recommend you get in touch and talk to us about your initiative before submitting an application.
Open Fund - Round One
Round now closed
Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis